Is Trekking Across Treetops Safe?
At first glance, Orlando Tree Trek might seem like a daring adventure for thrill seekers only. While you will certainly feel the thrill as you zip around and conquer awesome obstacles in the trees, we work hard to make sure you always feel secure on our ropes course. Safety is absolutely our No. 1 priority.
As one of the top adventures in Florida, we want to guarantee that you are prepared to take on our tree to tree adventures in the safest way possible.
Here are some of the ways we ensure that every climber is safe while enjoying our obstacle course:
- The requirements: The first step to having a safe climb is ensuring you meet our requirements. These requirements were set for safety and fit our course. Guests must have a 44-inch waist or smaller and weigh less than 275 pounds to ensure a proper fit of our harnesses and to safely climb on our courses. Climbers also must be at least 7 years old and able to reach their fingers to a height of 4’7” while keeping their feet flat on the ground. Finally, all climbers younger than 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
- Wardrobe: What you wear not only plays a role in your comfort, it’s an important part of safety. Guests at the rope adventure park must be wearing closed toe shoes and clothes that are not baggy or loose so they can move freely. We also recommend guests tie back long hair and remove all jewelry so they don’t get caught on equipment. Finally, we recommend wearing clothes you don’t mind getting a little dirty. After all, you will be zip lining in Florida, so be sure to dress for the warmer weather so you stay cool.
- Our equipment: In our tree to tree adventure park, every piece of our equipment meets or exceeds all established industry standards. Each climber is provided with a harness that uses the Clic-it technology. These pieces of equipment use magnets that ensure you cannot ever totally unclip from the safety wires while you’re high amongst the tree tops or flying through the air on our adventure park zip lines.
- Training: Before you take on our obstacle courses, we send every climber through a training session. During this session, we ensure that you understand everything about how to operate your safety equipment and how to take on the courses. It also gives you the chance to practice on the training course before you head to the real one. This training session is a great way to teach you everything you need to know in order to have an awesome time on your treetop trek!
- During your adventure: During your climb in our rope park, you are free to end the course at any time. Our guides are always available if you run into any trouble. They are able to guide you through the challenge or even come up to take you off the course. Just give them a shout!
We know that when you visit Tree Trek, these safety precautions will make you feel totally secure—so you can focus on conquering the courses and having an awesome time!